Hi! I’m Elsie, an old soul in a 2 year old, 48 lb. GORGEOUS some-kind-of-hound body. I’ve been through quite a lot in my life and am looking for a safe, secure and loving home that is on board with taking things sloooooooow.
When I first arrived at my foster home, I was really scared and just slept for days and days and only got up to potty or eat after lots of convincing (aka treats). The people here have been really kind and patient, though, so I’m really starting to blossom and feel like I can be the real me!
Who is that exactly? Well I’m still figuring that out myself, but here’s a few things I do KNOW:
• I really like other dogs and love taking walks with my newest furry friend, the resident dog in my foster home.
• I’m pretty good on a leash until I see a squirrel - I really like them, too! (I think I read somewhere that that's a hound's job!)
• I LOVE sleeping. When I do decide its time to wake up, I like to chill and watch the squirrels in my sunny spot by the window.
• I’m the longest potty holder this side of the Mississippi. I’ve found this is key for power napping.
• I love to eat. I’m not a beggar, but if I happen to notice food left unattended, I will gladly assist with disposal.
• I’m not much into traditional dog toys, but I do like rawhide bones and occasionally need a gentle reminder about what I should or shouldn’t chew on.
• Even though I keep my distance from people unfamiliar, I never get defensive and am especially patient with little ones.
• I won’t ask for ‘em, but I am really starting to enjoy snuggles and kisses and rubs and scratchings.
I think that about covers it! I still have a lot of growing to do (inside) and can’t wait to discover and share all the wonderful things that make me, me! If you think you're the one I should share with, come and meet me soon!
Elsie's adoption fee of $295 includes: vet exam, heartworm test (neg.), DAPP (distemper combo) vaccination, bordetella vaccination, rabies vaccination, flea/tick preventative, routine deworming, heartworm preventative, microchip and spay.