Adopted -- Meet Ryder
LOW RIDER ALERT! Ryder is a gorgeous and TOTALLY adorable tri-color Bulldog mix. This boy is practically all the way to the ground with his short little legs. He is super sweet, and if you sit down will get right in your face and kiss and kiss!! We estimate his age to be about 2 years old. Though he's a low rider, he's still a respectable 57 lbs. and a strong solid boy. He acclimated to his new foster home right away and his foster mom says this about him:
• Playful, lovable and happy dog
• Instantly Loyal
• Beautiful markings
• Tongue always peeking out
• Potty trained
• Sits and comes when called
• Loves walks and playing fetch
• Loves to snuggle
• Prances like a dressage horse on walks, and hops like a bunny in the yard (TOO CUTE!)
• Friendly with other dogs
• Friendly with people
• Doesn't like to be crated, but crate not necessary as he does well when left to roam free in the home
• Does well being leashed up in yard
• Does not try to escape the house or when unleashed in the yard
• Quiet and calm on car rides
• Pulls on leash walk initially but slows after just a few blocks
• Needs to be reminded that hands and feet are not chew toys during play.
So Ryder is looking for his permanent forever home with a family that will give him the love and attention that he deserves. Because he is still very puppy-ish, he can get a little mouthy when he gets riled up in play. Not at all in an aggressive or hurting way, but he just needs to be reminded that that is a no-no, and redirected to a proper toy. For that reason, little children may not be the best match for him right now. Older children will love him, and he will love them!
Ryder's adoption fee of $450 includes: Heartworm test (neg.), DAPP (distemper combo vaccination), Bordetella vaccination, Rabies vaccination, flea/tick preventative, heartworm preventative, deworming, microchip and neuter.